Can't I Ask To Revoke Her Work Permit?

eiseneim

Hi everyone.
I came to Quebec as an international student. I left my girlfriend in my country. And came back after 6 months to marry her. She apply for a work permit to come to Canada. Her request was accepted. But as soon as she arrived in Canada, she told me that she is not interested in sex anymore. She is not here to take care of a husband. She was never interested in mariage. One month later I discover some strange conversation between in one of my friends who lives in Quebec (like there has been something between them). Bottom line is there is no marital life between us. I am starting to think that she only married me just to come to Canada.

My question is, can I ask IRCC to revoke her work permit? Since I cannot force her to leave Canada.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I am sorry to hear your relationship did not work out. No, you can't do very much at this stage. The only thing you can do is write a letter to IRCC (sometimes referred to as Poison Letters).

eiseneim

Hi,

I am sorry to hear your relationship did not work out. No, you can't do very much at this stage. The only thing you can do is write a letter to IRCC (sometimes referred to as Poison Letters).
Thank you for the reply. I just did some research about the term. It's "Poison pen letters". And as I see, it won't be at my advantage to write such letter.

Since my study permit and her work permit end this September, I prefer we separate. I will get my post diploma work permit and she will be on her own.

Do you think if we separate, IRCC will automatically renew her work permit when I request my post diploma work permit?

Thanks again.