Co-op Work Permit By Flag polling

I am an international engineering student and my Study Permit expires 31st July, I have applied for an extension of my study permit on June 28 and expecting to hear back by first week of august. However, I am enrolled in the internship program and found a job that starts September but I don't have a co-op work permit for it. The online processing time is around 94 days at the moment and if I go with the online method I will be late to start or might lose the position. I Still have 2 years of school left and will finish that after I am done 12 month internship. would it be fair to get a co-op work permit by flap poling. what are the risks attached to it?
Worst case they will not give me a co-op letter and will go back to finishing school!?

P.S I dont have a US VISA.
Thanks for your advice!

Riley Haas

Staff member
First of all, get a US visa if you are going to flagpole. If you don't have one you are going to have trouble entering the US for the rest of your life.

You can certainly try to flagpole. I don't personally know if it is an option for co-op off the top of my head. But if you do it before your study permit expires they should still admit you as a student, especially if you tell them you have a study permit extension pending.