Do not include experience vs. include letter of explanation?

Jabroveq

I have been a software engineer for the last couple of years and just got invited to apply for Canadian Experience Class.

Part of the application is that I have to include employment verification letters from every employer for the last 10 years.

The problem is that I used to be a cook, and I worked at very many different fast food restaurants (McDonalds, Cora's Breakfast, Swiss Chalet, KFC, etc.). These fast food restaurants are basically impossible to contact through email. And I have been having alot of difficulty contacting them on phone and speaking to someone who can help (at this point I have spent ~4 hrs on hold).

For these jobs, can I just upload T4s and a letter of explanation (because there's basically no way I will get the employment verification letter like IRCC wants)? Or do I leave them out and only include my software engineering jobs?

Thanks!

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
I would include the T4s along with a detailed letter of explanation giving dates and franchise locations for each job, perhaps even your manager's name if you can credibly remember them. Gaps in information tend to work against you, so it's better to give the best documentation you have along with a letter of explanation to fill in the gaps in your required 10-year work history.