Does my mother need to re-enter Canada with her Supervisa?

littlebunny

Hello

My mother has been visiting me in Canada from England since August and was only planning on staying a few months so she just entered as a temporary visitor. However I would like her to stay longer. Does she need to leave the country and re-enter using her Super Visa? Thanks

littlebunny

Thanks for the info, would she actually need to stay overnight in the US or could we just cross over at the border and come back in right away?

littlebunny

Hmm flagpoling sounds a little risky. For the visitor visa extension application, would that allow her to switch over to her supervisa or would it just extend her visitor status for another 6 months?

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
Littlebunny, what you seem to be asking is whether your mother needs to leave Canada in order to apply for a Supervisa. While you should talk to an immigration consultant, my suggestion is as she seems to be currently entering Canada on a standard visitor's visa, I think it would be prudent to have her apply from England as a SuperVisa application is somewhat more detailed and lengthy than a standard visitor visa application and is monitored carefully by IRCC.