Extending an spousal open work permit

Nikesh

Hi,
My wife is on a closed work permit and her employer provided a visitor permit to me, I converted that into spousal open work permit once I landed. Now its time for extension and her company would extend her closed work permit, but again, they would process only a visitor permit for me, Is there a way I can extend my open work permit on my own? What happens to my open work permit if her work permit gets processed only after the expiry of my open WP? Thanks in advance

PashatGavim

You will need to apply for an extension before your current license expires. Be sure to review the eligibility criteria and required documents before applying.

PashatGavim

Your status may be affected if your wife's work permit is not issued until after your open work permit expires. It would help to stop working until you get a new permit or leave the country. But don't worry, there is always a way out. You can consider applying for a fully compliant business plan work permit for in-company ICT transfer at https://www.ogscapital.com/business-plan/ict-intra-company-transferee-work-permit-business-plan/. This work permit allows you to work in a Canadian branch or subsidiary of a foreign company.