Flag-poling questions and queries


New Member
Me and my wife and our 5 year daughter came to Canada on visitor visa fro India, but now my wife have have received a positive pre approved LMIA. To get the work permit, should my wife have to go alone for flag-poling or does we both(me and my daughter can/should accompany her). what prospective questions can be asked to her by border ? we don't have US visa. does you recommend that we should have US visa before Flag-poling. can we do flag-poling without US visa.

Riley Haas

Staff member
If you want to get an open work permit, you'll have to accompany her (or apply online/by mail) afterwards.

You need a US visa because you want to avoid "procedural denial" which will cause issues for you when traveling to the US in the future.