Flag polling for open work permit

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it seems if this applies
"The spouse or common-law partner of an IEC participant is not eligible to obtain an open work permit by virtue of the participant’s IEC application. However, the spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open work permit if the IEC candidate is approved to work in Canada for 6 months or longer and is working in a job at skill level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

you are okay but if it doesn't you will have to come as a visitor or find a job offer.

Reactions: klr

klr

Yes it does. Are we any clearer on in-Canada biometrics yet? We could apply online otherwise!

klr

Regarding online application from within Canada, it says current turnaround is 8 weeks... would I be entitled to implied status if the decision is not made before my tourist visa expires?

Also, I'm not sure when my tourist visa expires exactly since I arrived in Canada and stayed for a couple of weeks then left to travel to the US before coming back to Canada around 1 month after the first time I arrived. I didn't get a stamp in my passport on either occasion so assume I have 6 months, I'm just not sure whether it's 6 months from the 1st entry or 2nd entry! If you know where I can find this information that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I believe you are correct about implied status.

It's 6 months from the most recent entry, unless you were told otherwise by the CBSA agent (which would have been recorded in your passport, or at least that's my understanding).

Reactions: klr