Getting a job with Visitor Visa

justask4alex

Hi,
How can someone secure a job in Canada with 10 yrs visitor visa?

Also, which states/provinces are advised to go to??

NB:
Still in his home country

Thanks

canadageorge

Administrator
Not an easy answer, Canada does not make it easy to get a work permit. Look into the Express Entry Program.

You need to start researching more on Google about this question, let the reading begin:)

justask4alex

Oh. Okay.

What do you think is the way forward to work in Canada with a visitor visa?? While looking into the Express entry stuff

canadageorge

Administrator
Anyone can apply for a job but without a work permit you will not get one. To get a work permit your future employer needs to apply for a LMIA (Google it), and this takes months and can cost the employer thousands of dollars. Now, unless you are extremely talented in a unique field, what employer will go through all that trouble?

There are exceptions, but not many. Again, I would spend a few hours on YouTube and watch a few recent videos on the subject to get the basics down (use the keywords, "Work Permit in Canada", "LMIA").

Hi,
How can someone secure a job in Canada with 10 yrs visitor visa?

Also, which states/provinces are advised to go to??

NB:
Still in his home country

Thanks
Hi,
Yes you can apply for a work permit while you are inside Canada. It is a process though, you will have to apply with an employer that has LMIA for you to be able to get a work permit.

As of recent, Canadian employers are looking for foreign workers to fill in job vacancies. The provinces with the most job vacancies as of recent are Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Quebec

You can join our Facebook group where we post job vacancies with employers that have LMIA - https://www.facebook.com/groups/201076338051992/ or you can visit our website - www.greenlightcanada.com and give us a call so we can help you with the job search process.

can'tsayforsure

Yeah, getting a work permit requires a lot of involvement from your potential employer. It is difficult as not many employers want to get into the bureaucracy for just one foreign employee. To have the chance, you need to be extremely good at what you do to make the employer interested in acquiring you as an asset. In my case, it was easier. My brother owns a firm in Canada. With the help of https://www.makipeople.com/, he got me the permit.