IEC Young Professional Job Offer length


New Member
Hi All,

I'm currently in Canada on an IEC Working Holiday visa from Ireland. I work for a Registered Organisation who are willing to give me a job offer and pay the employer fee which means I can apply for a second IEC visa through the Young Professionals pool. My question is - is the length of my work permit dependent on the length of the job offer I receive? If I provide a signed job offer/contract that is for 12 months, will my work permit only be issued for 12 months? Or because I have a job offer Immigration will grant the full two year work permit?

Any help is appreciated,

Riley Haas

Staff member
Well it's an open work permit, so they may grant it for longer than the job offer. If your passport expires during those 2 years, it would affect when the work permit expires as well.