Implied status


New Member
Hi, I have applied work permit and my study permit will be expired soon. My visa of study has expired yet.
My question is: during waiting for the work permit (implied status), can I apply for a vistor visa for going outside Canada?

Thank you.

Riley Haas

Staff member
You can do this, but the visa will only get you back to the port of entry. You should bring your expired study permit with you and you should bring a copy of your work permit application (or, if you applied online, a print out of the date you applied) to show your implied status in Canada.

Hope this helps.