Inadmissible but


New Member
I am currently inadmissible to the United States because of a possession charge from a decade ago. However, I think I am actually entitled to US citizenship through one of my parents. Just wondering if I can become a citizen to make myself admissible again. Is that easier (and cheaper) than getting a waiver?

Riley Haas

Staff member
If you are actually a US citizen then the law making "aliens" inadmissible to the United States no longer applies to you. So if you can get a US passport, you would no longer be inadmissible.