Inland sponsorship application submitted. Leaving Canada for business

Sapita22

Hello everyone, I am Canadian and I am sponsoring my husband. We submitted application and we are just waiting. He has visitor status. He left Canada for a business trip (he owns a store back home country) and planning to return this week. Question, when he comes would he say he is coming to visit us or he is living here etc. We have Bank, lease agreement, ID provincial card etc. Can he say he lives here and we submitted papers? He will still under legal status as visitor tks

canadageorge

Administrator
It's a tricky problem, the best thing he can do is state he is visiting but he has filed a inland Sponsorship application. Technically they could refuse his entry but this generally does not happen. I would advise him not to travel while the applications in process.

Sapita22

It's a tricky problem, the best thing he can do is state he is visiting but he has filed a inland Sponsorship application. Technically they could refuse his entry but this generally does not happen. I would advise him not to travel while the applications in process.
Tks very much. Actually the CBSA officer at the airport last time, told him that he can travel with the purpose of business etc but of course under reasonable time as he lives here with us. I appreciated

Sapita22

Tks, another question if we applied inland for my husband and my stepson, when can he go to school? After the work permit? After the permanent residence? Does he need a student permit?

canadageorge

Administrator
Most elementary schools and high schools in Canada will not make a big deal if you do not have the correct documentation (just call the school and ask). When he becomes a resident of Canada, you will not have an issues. If on the other hand, the school does not take the child, you would need to apply for a study permit.