Issue with landing papers

JSS

I landed in Canada from India on 1st June 2016. When applying for SIN, official told me about discrepancy in landing documents for my wife and daughter.
As per their Indian passport, they only have first name and no last name as its not mandatory to have last name in India. However in landing documents, immigration official updated passport first name as last name and kept first name blank
How can this be rectified?
If i get names in the passport changed as per the procedure of consulate general of India, will that help me in amending names in landing document?
Please advise so that there is no issue going forward

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
First, you need to get those passports updated. Then, you can apply to have both of those Confirmations of Permanent Residence (landing papers) amended to reflect their actual names. It will take a while. So what you need is a letter from Service Canada saying they will not issue their SINs without the correct documents.
Make sense?

JSS

Yeah thanks I understand what you suggest....however I already got the SIN number and that is as per the names in landing document!!!!
However, if I am not mistaken, the procedure for name amendment remains same ...first passport needs to be updated then the landing document. Right?