Level of Education for Express Entry

Sirgeralt

Can I apply for express entry for "two or more certificates diplomas or degrees" having ECA from UToronto for a 4-year degree and 6-month post-graduate? It asks for "years" when putting my PG on the profile. Can I select "1" for the PG?

Hello

Priority is always given to 4 year degree in comparison with 6-month certificate course

10th(high school graduation) >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> one/two/three year certificate >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

Note:- Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree is given priority if it is from technical/high professional fields.

For your reference Refer this table:
Level of EducationWith a spouse or common-law partner
(Maximum 140 points)
Without a spouse or common-law partner
(Maximum 150 points)
Less than secondary school (high school)00
Secondary diploma (high school graduation)2830
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute8490
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute9198
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute112120
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years119128
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)126135
Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.)140150

Sirgeralt

Hey, I understand the table and the breakdown. But the way I think of it, I could be considered as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years", the category with 119 points as I do have 2 certificates, one being the 4-year bachelor and the other being the 6-month postgraduate. But when I enter my studies on the profile it says to put the duration in years, is putting "1 year" something that could get my profile rejected if I'm invited and then only present ECA for a 6-month study?

4-year degree and 6-month post-graduate
Hello
Kindly understand the statement :- Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.

You have a Bachelor's degree a three or more year program at a university and 1 certificate (6-month certificate)

According to the rules of Canada Express Entry point system you qualify for 112 points system and not 119 points because you need to have 2 or more certificates.

You cannot enter the certificate for profiling under 1 year bracket.

divya

Hi I have a bachelor degree for three years for which I got ECA stating four years. Also a Canadian post graduation diploma of two years. Can I use the two or more certificate option

ValaRM

Hi, I have a 4 year bachelors degree in Robotics engineering. I also have a genuine certificate in a profession related to rock climbing with tons of official (governmental) jobs and projects to back up it up. Can I use that as my second certificate and obtain the the score for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" and obtain the higher score?

parminder07

Hi, On my express entry form, I have selected below information for WES validated degrees:
1. Bachelor's degree (four years) ->> Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2. Postgraduate diploma (one year) ->> ???? (Don't know this one)

What should I select for the 2nd one here? Please help

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Is there not an option for "Two or more post-secondary degrees or diplomas with at least one requiring three or more years of study"?

neya

Hi,
I have a four-year degree diploma for which I got "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" from WES evaluation.
I'm not sure which option I have to select in the CRS. I think: Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
But on the IRCC website, you can find in Assessment result (Canadian equivalency) for Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a Postgraduate DiplomaTwo or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees in the CRS.

Could someone help me with this ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

keta

Hi , I have secondary diploma (2 years) and bachelors degree (4 years) in ECA report , what option should i choose for education level for express entry profile ? two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years or bachelors degree ?

Hello

Priority is always given to 4 year degree in comparison with 6-month certificate course

10th(high school graduation) >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> one/two/three year certificate >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

Note:- Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree is given priority if it is from technical/high professional fields.

(Maximum 140 points)
(Maximum 150 points)
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute8490
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute9198
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute112120
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years119128
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)126135
I also heard that priority is given to those who have studied for 4 years. Although in my place, I would give priority to those who completed the courses. I don't respect college education at all. I don't know where education is heading, but I'm shocked. I signed up for the courses and in 6 months you already know more than in 4 years of torment at the university.
The priority has always been like this, I would change it

Hello

(Maximum 140 points)
(Maximum 150 points)
I also heard that priority is given to those who have studied for 4 years. Although in my place, I would give priority to those who completed the courses. I don't respect college education at all. All I did was write articles about net neutrality for example using https://paperap.com/free-papers/net-neutrality/ for that. I don't know where education is heading, but I'm shocked. I signed up for the courses and in 6 months you already know more than in 4 years of torment at the university.
nice points