Lima plus a job offer

Shehab

Hello IMM group,
I have got a LIMA plus a job offer. Basically, I am working as a physical therapist and I had the qualified exam to be a licensed physical therapist in Canada and I passed. I submitted my application on the 21th of Feb, 2021, and I have not received any update yet. For more information, I have a rejected visitor visa in 2019, and I don’t know how much it could affect my application. Furthermore, when I checked the processing time of a work permit in Saudi Arabia, I found it 6 weeks and i am beyond this time by almost 2 weeks, in addition, there is no updates except for eligibility, as I got a message that they are checking my eligibility.
Is this latency normal? Is there anything I can do?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is that everything is extraordinarily slow right now due to the pandemic. I don't have a better explanation than that.

If you're currently in Canada you can call IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 to see if you can get any more information. If you can actually get through, all they're going to tell you is that it's still in progress, but that might be reassuring.

farooq0520

Hello IMM group,
I have got a LIMA plus a job offer. Basically, I am working as a physical therapist and I had the qualified exam to be a licensed physical therapist in Canada and I passed. I submitted my application on the 21th of Feb, 2021, and I have not received any update yet. For more information, I have a rejected visitor visa in 2019, and I don’t know how much it could affect my application. Furthermore, when I checked the processing time of a work permit in Saudi Arabia, I found it 6 weeks and i am beyond this time by almost 2 weeks, in addition, there is no updates except for eligibility, as I got a message that they are checking my eligibility.
Is this latency normal? Is there anything I can do?
did you get your work permit? How long it took?

farooq0520

i am planning to apply from Pakistan or Malaysia, both options i have. Where did you apply from? I thought they have a 2 weeks processing options as well.

Shehab

Just make sure that the visa office will not send your application to Turky or India. Because, many offices send visa applications there to be processed and there are a long waiting list and it might take a year to the final devision.

farooq0520

But how can we send the application to India or Turkey, if we don't live there, i though this is based on where you are living. Where did you apply?

Shehab

You don’t send anything, you just apply online and the visa office send your application to be processed outside. I applied from Saudi Arabia

farooq0520

ohh ok, i am applying either in Pakistan or Malaysia. But no company will wait for 6month to 1 year for the job placement. I initially thought it would be done with in 2-6 weeks. That is reasonable. But 4 months and above, i would be surprised if any company can wait that long.

farooq0520

Understood, thanks for the heads-up. Did you have to provide medical certificate and police clearance? What is the other requirements/documents that i have to have it ready before i apply for the visa? The police clearance certificate that want for the last 10 years or since you were 18?

can'tsayforsure

Is there any news? It seems to me that it is normal. I think they have a lot of applicants and all need to be looked at.
I think that the commission has a lot of similar applications for a license, and it takes a lot of time to see everything.
This wait may last for a long time. I think you should think about part-time jobs for now and save up some money if you get a Canadian license. Money is never excessive.
It's very exciting. I wish you good luck with that. I hope that everything will work out.

Muhammad Ahmed

Hello Shehab, Trust you all are doing amazing. I have received positive LMIA from my Canadian employer. Now I am going to start my work permit application in coming week. Following are my questions if someone can answer. I am going to apply with my spouse (visitor visa) and two kids (both aged 5, study permit for both), is it fine to apply together or it would reduce the chances of approval? While applying I see there is a question asking How long are you planning to stay in Canada? less than 6 months, more than 6 months or permanently what should I select out of these 3 options I am confused with last two option which one should I choose. Looking forward to hear back.