Mother want to withdraw her citizenship application and leave, son remaining with father in Canada

Savat

My wife left the country and not coming back, the problem my son (10 years old applied with her) and both received their AOR.
Do you know if she doesn't appear citizenship test several time, will that will automatically cancel both Mother and Son applications?

Is there possible way for the son to write a letter to the citizenship officer that she will not be able to come back to Canada or attend the the citizenship test or oath, and she would like the son application to continue since the son is in Canada with his father?

Savat

thanks for your reply. so should we wait until the backgrounud check is completed and my wife receive the citizenship test appointment, after that maybe she send an email to the office that can't go back to Canada and she wants her son application to continue? have you seen such family files before, where one of the children made to the end and the parent paused. thanks

Savat

Hi All, how can I change the email address on my citizenship application? today we received the citizenship test email on the work email and we are leaving our workplace next month, that's why we would like to shift the IRCC communication to personal emails.
Appreciate any help

Savat

Hi IMMIGroup,

with regard to the above thread:

My wife has received the email to sit for the citizenship test, as I mentioned, she can't come back to Canada at this time, she may need two years to come back and she may not come at all.
Also, she didn't study or prepare and not ready to take the exam from overseas.However, we want to proceed with my child (10 years old) file to the ceremony stage.

Question:
She is going to write in the web form and reply to the email as you suggested, but do you think the child file can't continue unless the mother withdraw her citizenship application?
Can't she request to hold or pause her file until she is sure wether she wants to comeback or no? at same time, let the child proceed?

or you think IRCC will insist that she withdraw her application to let the child file proceed the ceremony stage