Original Documents required for rehabilitation application

anderswa

Hello,
It has been > 5 years since my DUI offense and am in process of applying for rehabilitation (I am a US Citizen). When I look at the Document Checklist I understand what I need to do for everything but these two:

? A criminal clearance from the police authorities in all countries (including Canada) where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18
? Provide a state certificate (or a letter from a police authority) for each state in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18

Does anyone have any guidance as to where I could get either of these?

Thanks.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So, make a list of where you have lived for at least six consecutive months since you turned 18. Then, you will have to contact the FBI and the state police (if you have remained in the same state since age 18 then you only have to contact one state police service) and apply for police certificates / criminal clearances. Depending on the state, instructions may be available on the website, or you may have to call, or even contact them in person. (I am only the webmaster and have never done this myself.)
Does that help?