PGWP holder travelling to USA

CC25

Hello,

I am an Indian who was previously issued a student visa in 2019 to enter Canada for studies which expired in 2021. I now hold a valid Post Graduate Work Permit that is valid until April 2024. Do I still need a valid visitor visa to re-enter Canada if I will only be visiting the United States? Under Division 5, 3)b)f), it seems like I am exempt from a visitor visa: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-24.html#h-688565
  • (f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they
    • (i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and
    • (ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;

I just applied for a visitor visa to be on the safe side but have an upcoming trip on January 09, 2023. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could confirm that my PGWP will allow me to re-enter in case I do not get my passport back or visa on time.