PNP application on hold by CIC since months

rabih

Hi,
I paid RPRF(right for permanent residence fees) after submitting medicals in January 2015 for Ontario provincial nominee application. I got a letter from beirut visa office that my application is put on hold by CIC ontario part of a QA program on provincial nominee program to do thorough verification and they will not proceed until hey get a direct order from CIC . Note, i dont have a job offer nor i was asked to do as a requirement during the application processing.
I called CIC call center they blocked me and said you should only contact your visa office.

any one have advise on this situation ?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
As far as I know, the only thing you can do is contact the visa office by email. Do you have their contact information?

rabih

hi,
I am in contact with the visa office who said they are waiting CIC order and they cannot proceed since 3 months.
my questions whether any one has any clue on this delay induced by the QA verification being done on provincial nominee application especially that I have paid the right for permanent residence fees and such QA should happen before .

thank

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So, from what I understand, CIC is doing a quality assurance audit of the Ontario PNP. Is that what you are referring to?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I spoke to our consultant and he said you should be able to renew your work permit indefinitely until you get a decision, so that's something. Not much, but something.

rabih

yes that post is talking about some delays but I am at a stage where I did medicals, ilets and paid the right for permanent residence.
I recall I got a call in September regarding QA process . so I don't see any justification that my file is put on hold for 4 months by CIC .
I will call CIC again hopefully they will give some answers .

rabih

they were not clear they said CIC office Ontario
this is a snippet of the email I got from visa office back in January

:As of June 2014, CIC is conducting a thorough review of all open cases received under the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The Department is undertaking further verifications before final decisions are made on these cases.
As a result, where necessary, you may be asked to submit additional information and/or documents to the office processing their application. The Department is unable to provide a precise timeframe for the review at this time.
Therefore, kindly note that your application is currently on hold, and that we are unable to finalize your case without a direct order from CIC branch in Ontario Province.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again,
I'm really not sure what you can do beyond contacting the Ontario Ombudsman or continuing to contact CIC. As far as I can tell, this audit ended in the autumn and so your file should be getting processed again, but that's just from reading forum comments. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Riley