PR - How long I can stay out of Canada?

oudmaster

Hi everyone,

I am applying currently for a PNP, I hope I get the invitation soon.

Once everything is completed, and I get the PR, how long can I stay outside Canada before I land there?

regards,

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
There will be an expiration date on your "PR visa", usually 6 months from the date of your medical examination (in non-pandemic times) and you will have to land before it expires.

oudmaster

There will be an expiration date on your "PR visa", usually 6 months from the date of your medical examination (in non-pandemic times) and you will have to land before it expires.
thank you Riley Haas for your reply,

I assume there is no way to extend this expiry period.

and if I landed there, how long does it take me to issue the PR card?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you can request it to be extended, but they will require another medical exam.

Under normal circumstances, the PR Card is issued within 60 days. However, I have no idea how this changes during the pandemic. Most other applications are taking up to twice as long to process, but this is different, given that it is issued once you physically land in Canada. 124 days is what's on the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...vices/application/check-processing-times.html

Amit Singh

At the time of visa stamping for a PR Visa, a date is mentioned in your passport. You have to land in Canada on that particular date. Post landing in Canada on that date, you can apply for a PR Card, and once you get that PR card, you get a PR visa that is a multiple entry visa for a period of 5 years in which you are allowed to travel inside and outside Canada as many times as you want. I hope it might help, however, if you still need more information, getting in touch with the best immigration firm will be highly beneficial!