Query regarding Spouse Travel to Canada.

adisinha2000

Hello,

1. Me (36) and my wife (34), Indian Nationals, plan to visit Canada.
2. My parents (biological) stay in Canada, and are Canadian citizens.
3. Me, nor wife, are dependant on them.
4. We are vaccinated with Covaxin, not recognized by the Canadian authorities and as such understand that we would be treated as unvaccinated.
6. From what I understand from the information available on travel.gc.ca :
a. I need to travel to a country (current plan : Egypt); get an RT-PCR done, and if negative - I am able to fly to Canada.
b. I need an "Application for Authorization and Statutory Declaration for purpose of entry into Canada for Extended Family Members" : imm0006e-2020-10-09.
c. Our planned stay is for 15 days or more.
d. I would need to quarantine (14 days) with more tests.
7. Here are my specific questions :

i. Pertaining to 6.a : If I travel from India to Egypt, get a test approved by Canadian govt (I plan for RT PCR) - and then fly out to Canada (after getting the result) would that be acceptable or is there a time frame that I need to wait in this country ?
ii. Pertaining to 6.b : When filling out the form [Application for Authorization and Statutory Declaration for purpose of entry into Canada for Extended Family Members] would my wife fall under the category "my non-dependant children" in Section 4. I find no information of the familial relation to be filled for the spouse of the non-dependant child of a canadian national.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Let me try to answer your questions:
  1. It seems like you need to travel pretty much immediately after your test. I can't imagine there is some time frame required to stay: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ovid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada
  2. I'm having trouble viewing the form. (The version I downloaded appears to be missing a lot of it for some reason.) It seems as though it's for your parents to fill out, right? If that's true, they may need to fill out one for each of you. It's hard for me to tell with the version of the form I found. Sorry about that.

adisinha2000

1. Thank you; that's what I figured as well.
2. The form is indeed for my parents to fill out; I am clear on the fact that it's one individual per form (so one for each one of us). Yy query is whether they CAN do it for my spouse. I am attaching screenshots of the form (3 pages); I am just unclear on what (if they do) would they mention in Section 4 (page 2) for my spouse.

Page1.png
Page2.png
Page3.png

adisinha2000

That is what I find surprising. Culturally for us (Indians) we refer to the in-laws as child, parents. That necessarily is not true for western world. So I am thinking that I mark "My Non Depedent Child" and then specifically ink in there "Daughter in Law"; that ways atleast they know its not a biological child, and can make a determination.

Does that seem fair ?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to say I can't say. I've never submitted a parental sponsorship question. You should either try to call IRCC to see if they can help (I doubt the call centre will be able to) or speak to a consultant (RCIC) or lawyer. Sorry about that.