Regarding uk passport

Ahmed92

Hi am a British citizen am in Canada at the moment and my wife is Canadian citizen and we are about to have our first child in 2months wanted to know can my child get a British passport from Canada as we are moving back from Canada to uk after the brith off a child thank you

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Yes, your child will be a British citizen once he or she is born. You can apply for a passport with your birth certificate, your child's birth certificate listing you as the father and your marriage certificate.

Ahmed92

Hi,
Yes, your child will be a British citizen once he or she is born. You can apply for a passport with your birth certificate, your child's birth certificate listing you as the father and your marriage certificate.
Can I apply while am in Canada and also my birth certificate is in uk as am in Canada can I just not apply with my marriage certificate thank you

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can apply from Canada. You can try applying with just the Canadian birth certificate and your UK birth certificate (you need that) but without the marriage certificate. I don't know if that will be enough but it should be according to the my understanding of the rules.

Ahmed92

Yes, you can apply from Canada. You can try applying with just the Canadian birth certificate and your UK birth certificate (you need that) but without the marriage certificate. I don't know if that will be enough but it should be according to the my understanding of the rules.
Thank you