Rescheduling Citizenship ceremony

laks

Has anyone rescheduled Citizenship ceremony and how long did you have to wait for the next ceremony dates.

My citizenship ceremony is due next week and I have a business travel scheduled for next week. I am going to ask to be rescheduled, but not sure how long would I be waiting for it to be rescheduled.

Maz

@laks Were you able to get a new date for your Oath? I had to reschedule in July when I was out of the country and I am waiting now for around 3 weeks for a new date :(

Aann

@laks Were you able to get a new date for your Oath? I had to reschedule in July when I was out of the country and I am waiting now for around 3 weeks for a new date :(

@Maz/@Iaks- I am sailing on the same boat. I had to request for a reschedule in May since I was out of country. I came back in september and requested for a new date. Its been almost 3 weeks. how long do they usually take to give a new date ?

Maz

@Maz/@Iaks- I am sailing on the same boat. I had to request for a reschedule in May since I was out of country. I came back in september and requested for a new date. Its been almost 3 weeks. how long do they usually take to give a new date ?
Took around a month for me. I requested a new date in 5th August and my ceremony was scheduled for 10th September.

nbuache

It may vary... some people are rescheduled in a matter of weeks... in my case, it has been 10 months and I'm still waiting for a new date.

canadakunal

Just wanted to understand, it becomes very difficult for someone who travels for rescheduling if its taking 10+ months, also what is the process of requesting for reschedule?

Thanks

j9han19

Just wanted to understand, it becomes very difficult for someone who travels for rescheduling if its taking 10+ months, also what is the process of requesting for reschedule?

Thanks
How long after did they reschedule you? Are you still waiting? Can you share your timeline so far?

j9han19

Took around a month for me. I requested a new date in 5th August and my ceremony was scheduled for 10th September.
Thanks for that info. How long did it take for them to email you to give a new oath date? Did they ever update your etracker?
Please share your timeline.

j9han19

Did it take 3 weeks for you to receive the email or the oath ceremony? Can you share your timeline.

j9han19

Generally, new dates can take a few months before they are rescheduled. You can always call IRCC to check the status (I know this can be a pain).
I call IRCC and they sound clueless. They saw they have no more info. What exactly I should ask to get a better answer/ status?

nbuache

It varies, probably depending on who and which office is managing your file.
I heard some people who got rescheduled after few weeks. My wife and kid were rescheduled after 7 months, and I have been rescheduled after 12 months.

If you had to provide your fingerprints (which was my case), delays could be worst as your fingerprints are valid for 12 months. If your fingerprints expire before the ceremony or before you receive the certificate, you're good to retake your fingerprints and restart the background check.

Best advice: cancel your trip if you receive your invite. Avoid rescheduling!

j9han19

It varies, probably depending on who and which office is managing your file.
I heard some people who got rescheduled after few weeks. My wife and kid were rescheduled after 7 months, and I have been rescheduled after 12 months.

If you had to provide your fingerprints (which was my case), delays could be worst as your fingerprints are valid for 12 months. If your fingerprints expire before the ceremony or before you receive the certificate, you're good to retake your fingerprints and restart the background check.

Best advice: cancel your trip if you receive your invite. Avoid rescheduling!
Please share your full timeline and what is your office?

aqleemj

I am also waiting for oath ceremony to be rescheduled for almost 4 months now. Originally scheduled for 2nd week of Jun 23 ... I noticed/emailed case processing office / IRCC to reschedule well ahead of the oath date.
I see 2 to 3 ceremonies each week (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ceremonyceremonie/en/Home) ... Any idea what is the average time for Mississauga office to reschedule?