Sponsoring my non Canadian husband


New Member
Hello, I have a couple of questions that I need help with. I was born in Canada but I traveled to Lebanon for 5 years to finish university here. I met someone while living here and we have been engaged for one year. We are planning on getting married in lebanon and moving to Canada to live permanently there. My fiancé does not have a Canadian citizenship and recently he moved to Africa/Ghana to work there. I would like to know the procedure we can do so we can both go live there.

Thank you in advance!
You may be eligible to sponsor a spouse or a common-law or conjugal partner or dependent children living outside of Canada if:
  • The person you want to sponsor is a member of the family class.
  • You are 18 years of age or older;
  • You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;

    You can sponsor a person as your common-law partner if:
    That person is of the opposite or same sex; and
    You and your partner have lived together in a conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

    If you are a Canadian permanent resident or citizen looking to sponsor someone who is not currently living in Canada, then you can apply for the out-land sponsorship stream.​