Spousal Application

Simratpal Kaur

New Member
I have so many questions i hope you will help me out with all :)

1. My first question is that for spousal application we have to followIMM 5533 checklist ?

2. next question is that my spouse is living With me canada as she is on work permit under which class we need to apply ?
currently living with spousal and common law partner class in Canada

Living in Canada under family class ?

3 .my next question is that there are some forms those are not applicable to us do we need to send with our application or not?

4.my other question do we have to send out and attach application in same sequence It is in checklist form ?

5 can we use paper clips rather than staple pin for application to collect and bind papers together ?

6. last question is as this application is paper application how Immigration people will be contacting us?

Thankyou in advance will wait for your response ASAP .
Thankyou so much .:)

Riley Haas

Staff member
I'll try to answer your questions:

  1. There are checklists specific to your situation. You can find yours here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
  2. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this question. I was only made aware of the distinction a year or so ago and it's only been brought up once. Can you provide me a link where the two are contrasted and I can have a look?
  3. Use the link above to figure out which forms you need.
  4. Ideally your application should follow the checklist, yes. You should also create a table of contents (though you don't have to).
  5. I don't see why not.