spousal sponsorship

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Then there won't be a conditional residence requirement; sponsored spouses will not lose their permanent residence if they leave within 2 years.

richard.williams

how come the canadian government on its website has only addressed the issue of marriage fraudhttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/marriage.asp

but why not skilled worker fraud, investor fraud, or other kinds of frauds? why only marriage fraud? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
To my knowledge, marriage fraud has been identified as a problem, to a greater extent than other forms of immigration fraud. However, you are mistaken that they don't focus on any other form. They just distinguish marriage immigration fraud as a separate category from the regular kind (which is lying in your application).

richard.williams

riley, can i ask you something that has to do only with legal permanent residents of canada who are still technically citizens of other countries? if someone who is only a legal permanent resident who has a canada permanent resident card opens an offshore bank account without telling the government of it, how then would the government eventually find out about it then? can you please tell me. thank you.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea. Presumably they'd find out through your annual tax filing. But I am not an accountant nor tax or banking expert.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Richard,
How can I answer that question?
If you want to ask me a specific question about a specific aspect of Canadian immigration policy, and you have a link to that policy you are reading about, then I will try to answer it. But I can't tell you why you were reading what you were reading. I don't know what you were reading and I certainly don't know why you were reading it.