Spouse open work permit

ram28mar

My spouse got her work permit visa application (inter company transfer) approved recently. I will be also applying for spousal open work permit. After my open work permit gets approved. If incase I get a job offer earlier before my spouse travel to Canada , can I eligible to travel Canada with my open work permit (or) I need to wait and travel along with my spouse ? Kindly answer my query. Thanks for your support .

Yes, but only if they have a spousal open work permit. Remember that while your spouse or partner's work permit visa application is being processed, you must: maintain legal status as a visitor, student or worker in Canada.
Note: You are allowed to stay a max. of 6 weeks before being joined by your spouse.
I request you to contact IRCC for the latest on this, this rule might have been changed or modified recently.

ram28mar

Yes, but only if they have a spousal open work permit. Remember that while your spouse or partner's work permit visa application is being processed, you must: maintain legal status as a visitor, student or worker in Canada.
Note: You are allowed to stay a max. of 6 weeks before being joined by your spouse.
I request you to contact IRCC for the latest on this, this rule might have been changed or modified recently.
You are allowed to stay a max. of 6 weeks before being joined by your spouse.
Can i also work during that time with my open work permit??

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
That's a legitimate concern. Sorry to say I don't know the answer to it. From the quote above my guess would be you can, provided your spouse joins you within 6 weeks. But I'm honestly not sure.

shalaka2110

My spouse got her work permit visa application (inter company transfer) approved recently. I will be also applying for spousal open work permit. After my open work permit gets approved. If incase I get a job offer earlier before my spouse travel to Canada , can I eligible to travel Canada with my open work permit (or) I need to wait and travel along with my spouse ? Kindly answer my query. Thanks for your support .
Hi Ram,
did you apply for your spouse open wrk permit and did you get your approval ?