Spouse visa during COVID

Gixxstar

Hi there,

I was married in January and we submitted our spouse visa application and work application in late March of this year, we have not gotten any reply or acknowledgment. We moved at one point and contacted the IRCC to register the change of address, they acknowledged that but not that they received our application.

What should we do?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
In normal circumstances this would be a very long time without an AOR, but these are not normal times. IRCC offices have been closed since March, to the best of my knowledge. People have been working from home and I have no idea how many paper applications are being handle or how quickly. You can do an online status check: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-...se-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 Or you can call 1-888-242-2100 but I don't know how much information you will get.

Gixxstar

In normal circumstances this would be a very long time without an AOR, but these are not normal times. IRCC offices have been closed since March, to the best of my knowledge. People have been working from home and I have no idea how many paper applications are being handle or how quickly. You can do an online status check: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-...se-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 Or you can call 1-888-242-2100 but I don't know how much information you will get.
thanks for the reply Riley. I can confirm IRCC is processing work visas for employer sponsored workers, so they are working but at a reduced capacity. I’ll try those resources but without a receipt number it didn’t work when I tried to track it, also that number didn’t even work a couple months ago - I’ll try again.

Typically how long did it take to get an AOR?

ersanzop

If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.