Urgent

Strangecloud

Hello i was a student here on a study permit , didn’t do so well at school. Applied for extension but it took a year before i got a reply back from cic due to COVID Which i was denied. Myself and my then girlfriend had plans to get married which we eventually did but my status had already expired . My wife is a native (Canadian citizen) she’s currently sponsoring me , we got our marriage certificate and immediately applied for my permanent residency and also a sin number i just want to know if i will be able to smile again and be happy that i will get my permanent residence and sin number . Because i have to work as my wife is pregnant and is expecting by august. Please i need help or more like assurance because i feel like my case is really special and we are scared that i would be denied and i will have to leave my pregnant wife and not be able to meet or hold my unborn child

It’s been 4 months now since we applied and nothing yet. Please someone help with any advice or positivity.

Strangecloud

Before my study permit expired i applied 1 months before it expired and after my status denied extension was when myself and wife got married

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ah okay.

Did you apply for an open work permit at the same time as the sponsorship application?

Because these applications are paper, they are taking longer to process due to the pandemic.

Strangecloud

Yes i did how long does it take for me to get a work permit so i can start working to provide and assist my wife and unborn child

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
People enter their personal experiences with IRCC (and other country's immigration authorities). So you can get some idea of actual processing times (as opposed to the official ones, which are rarely correct).