vacation as a live in care giver

mpeter

As a live in care giver can I go for vacation for two weeks I don't have employer and I m her just for 5 months.is it be ok to come back ant start to find another employer and get all LMIA done be cause it takes time just want to see my kids plz reply me anyone

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You mean, leave Canada? It sure doesn't sound like it. If you don't have an employer, who are you here as a live-in caregiver?

mpeter

My employer is expired I worked two weeks with her.Then after her death they don't need me.i just want to go for two weeks and come back then start to find new employer.is it possible my visa is multiple visa but work permit says no authorization for re entry
Please I need a solution.thanx in advance

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Your visa is your travel document, it's what matters. So if it's multiple entry, you should be okay. The issue is when you get to the border and they ask you about your work permit. This is a tricky situation. I'd say you should speak to a professional.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
They will ask and they will have a previous record of your entry.

I spoke to one of the consultants. You're work permit is not valid at the moment so it's very likely you will be denied entry if you leave Canada before you get a new job. The visa will only allow you to travel to the border.