VISITOR VISA (Canada)

marmor

When an application is considered for a “Visitor Visa”, are there specific factors that are considered more than others? For example, Financial status, travel history, etc. I guess, it also depends on what country the person is coming from. I’m a Canadian Citizen, wanting to invite a friend of mine, who’s in Uzbekistan. I know that they will need a “Letter of Invitation”.

Thank you for your time.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So the letter of invitation is pretty key, but also important are "ties" to Uzbekistan, for example: proof of home ownership (or a lease), proof of an employment contract, that type of thing. Basically, your friend is trying to prove that they will return to Uzbekistan after the trip.

marmor

Thank you! If there’s no “stamped” date in the passport, you can stay for 6 months (on the visa), correct? Is it possible to marry, on a visitor visa? (following the guidelines of the province, you’re in).

marmor

To prove my income (as support for the person being invited), Would a statement of income be sufficient? (Tax Return)?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Paystubs and bank statements are usually submitted but I am just the webmaster and don't know for sure what the best information would be.