Visitor visa renewal

Sprat225

Good Day I have a current visitor visa thats expiring in like 9 months and I would like to renew it.I want to find out what are the steps required into renewing it

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you can renew it this early but I could be wrong about that. Are you in Canada or outside of Canada?

Sprat225

I'm Currently outside of Canada. But I can't travel to Canada until the restrictions are lifted. So by the time I may be allowed to, then it may less than 6 months remaining on my Visa. And I'm also trying to find out the necessary steps to applying for renewal of the Visa.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So the visitor visa (TRV) is a travel document, whereas your status in Canada is another thing altogether. It's entirely possible that you could be admitted for six months as a visitor even though your TRV is expiring in less than 6 months. I don't know that it's likely, but it's possible.

But if you need to stay here 6 months, yes you should renew, but try renewing a little closer to the expiry date. I'm not sure they're going to let you this far out, unless it's a Super Visa.