what should we get translated?


New Member
My husband is a Colombian living in Italy and he has to submit his Colombian birth certificate, Colombian passport, libreta militar (Colombian military id card), national id card for Italy, and his work permit for Italy.

What documents should we get translated? I'm pretty sure the birth certificate needs to be translated but not 100% certain about the rest. Also, I crossed out the answer on one of the forms (it was to add the name of the person that married us), will it be ok as is or do I need to correct the answer on the computer, re-validate and print it again?

Thank you for your help as we're just about to submit our application for spousal sponsorship.

Riley Haas

Staff member
Anything that you must submit which is not in English or French must be translated.

I would just re-validate the form.