Work permit to study permit change

Arya_Stark

Hi
I was on lmia based work permit (expiring date sept 2021) but i recently applied for study permit to study a course which i believe will enhance my future prospectives. I got my study permit on 4th may issued on 29 april.my classes are starting from 1st june.
My questions are
1. Do I need to update any informations like sin no. Bc msp
2. I sent my damaged indian passport for renewal. It has visitor visa till 2022. Do i need to sent for another entry stamp so that i can trevel safely in future.
3. My study permit has old passport no. can i ask for replacement when i get new passport or it will work keeping both passports.
Lasly i was laid off because of covid 19 and getting ei. Payments. Should i stop it and send back any payment i got after issuing of study permit..
It would be really helpful if you please answer any of these questions.
Thanks

1. Don't need to update your SIN.
  2. If you don't have your visa stamp any more you will have trouble travelling outside of canada.
  3. Can you get your old passport back?
  4. How are you getting ei?

Typically, when you have changes to your documents (such as visa or passport numbers), it is important to notify your local immigration authorities. In some cases, this may require updating your registration or documents such as a residence or work permit. Therefore, if you have a new MSP number or other changes to your documents, please contact your local immigration office or visa advisors for specific instructions.

Emily_Seeger

Phone
Email
[email protected]
Hi
I was on lmia based work permit (expiring date sept 2021) but i recently applied for study permit to study a course which i believe will enhance my future prospectives. I got my study permit on 4th may issued on 29 april.my classes are starting from 1st june.
My questions are
1. Do I need to update any informations like sin no. Bc msp
2. I sent my damaged indian passport for renewal. It has visitor visa till 2022. Do i need to sent for another entry stamp so that i can trevel safely in future.
3. My study permit has old passport no. can i ask for replacement when i get new passport or it will work keeping both passports.
Lasly i was laid off because of covid 19 and getting ei. Payments. Should i stop it and send back any payment i got after issuing of study permit..
It would be really helpful if you please answer any of these questions.

Studying is quite the journey, and I can totally relate to students facing the challenges of managing their studies and adapting to new circumstances. Changing from a work permit to a study permit can be a complex transition. However, it's a step many of us take to focus on our education. One of the difficulties I've encountered is staying organized, especially with academic tasks. That's where services like StoryboardThat have made a significant impact. They offer a variety of resources, including non-fiction text structure worksheets. You can check it out here. These worksheets have helped me immensely in understanding and working with non-fiction text structures. They break down complex information into manageable parts, making it easier to study and improve my grades. So, if you're facing difficulties in your studies during this transition, I'd recommend giving StoryboardThat a try. It's a handy tool to have in your academic toolkit!

Thanks
Congratulations on receiving your study permit! It's important to ensure all your documents and information are up to date. Remember to keep your documents organized and updated to avoid any issues with your immigration status. It's always a good idea to seek advice from an immigration consultant or lawyer for specific cases like these.