CALL CENTER • Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 4:00PM EST
HEAD OFFICE • Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 4:00PM EST

Founded 2004
Call us: 1-866-760-2623 Email Us: [email protected]

Call Us: 1-866-760-2623
Email Us: [email protected]
Call center: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 4:00PM EST
Office: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 4:00PM EST

Do you need to prove when you or your parent became a Canadian citizenship?

Are you looking for someone to help you establish when you or your parent

Get the Process Started

IRCC Search of Citizenship Records

Search of Citizenship Records Application

You may need to file a search of citizenship records request if:

  • You need to prove your Canadian citizenship but do not have the necessary documents to get (or replace) a Canadian citizenship certificate. (You need proof of citizenship to apply for a Canadian passport, among other privileges.)
  • You need to prove your parent or grandparent was a Canadian citizen.
  • You are a permanent resident and you need to demonstrate to your home country that you haven't been naturalized in Canada, but you cannot apply for a PR Card (or your home country will not accept a PR Card as proof of status).
  • You are attempting to get a passport from another country and you need to prove that you, your parent or your grandparent was not naturalized in Canada at a given point in time.

You can find the application here.

If you are not a citizen, and would like to be, you can use our handy residence calculator to see if you qualify: