CALL CENTER • Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 4:00PM EST
HEAD OFFICE • Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 4:00PM EST

Founded 2004
Call us: 1-866-760-2623 Email Us: [email protected]

Call Us: 1-866-760-2623
Email Us: [email protected]
Call center: Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 4:00PM EST
Office: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 4:00PM EST

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program

New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, PEI

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is a new initiative from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) open to skilled immigrants and graduates of Canadian universities and colleges located in the Maritimes, who want to permanently live in one of the Maritime Provinces. The Maritimes include:

  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • Nova Scotia
  • Prince Edward Island.

In order to be eligible for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, you must have a job offer from a “designated employer” in one of the Maritime Provinces.

If you are applying as a graduate, you must have graduated from an eligible, publicly-funded university or college in one of these provinces.

For 2017, there will be only 2,000 spaces for the program.


Looking for help? Call Immigroup at 1-866-760-2623 / 416-962-2623 or email us at [email protected]





Both skilled and semi-skilled workers are eligibile for this pilot program.


Work Experience

Applicants must have worked at least 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week) within the last three years. The work can be full-time, non-continuous, or part-time, as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours over the last 3 years. Your work experience must be in a NOC 0, A, B or C occupation.

Your work experience must be:

  • in one occupation (skill leve NOC 0, A, B or C)
  • paid (internships and volunteer work will not be counted).

The work experience must be verifiable but may have been gained inside or outside of Canada.



In order to apply, you must have either


Job Offer

You must have a job offer from a "designated employer." The list of employers will be available on the provincial immigration websites in the next month or so:

No LMIA required!

The job offer does not have to be for a job you already have work experience in, but it must be "endorsed" by the province and your job offer must be for at least one year. If you are applying for a NOC C occupation, the offer must be permanent.


Graduates of certain Canadian universities and colleges are also eligible for this pilot program.


Work Experience

There is no work experience requirement for graduates of eligible Canadian universities and colleges.



In order to be eligible, you must have

  • graduated from a program at least 2 years long
  • been a full time student for at least 2 years as part of that program
  • have graduated since March 2016
  • lived in one of the four eligible provinces for at least 16 months in the last 2 years
  • studied in Canada with legal status (study permit for example).

Ineligible programs include:

  • ESL (English as a Second Language) or French as a Second Language programs (or programs where more than half of the content is dedicated to learning one of Canada's two official languages)
  • distance learning.

Also, if you received a scholarship to study in Canada and that scholarship requires you to return home after you graduate, you are ineligible.


Eligible Institutions in the Maritimes:
School Province
Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick New Brunswick
Maritime College of Forest Technology New Brunswick
Mount Allison University New Brunswick
New Brunswick College of Craft and Design New Brunswick
New Brunswick Community College New Brunswick
Saint Thomas University New Brunswick
Université de Moncton New Brunswick
University of New Brunswick/University of New Brunswick Saint Jean New Brunswick
College of the North Atlantic Newfoundland
Memorial University of Newfoundland Newfoundland
Acadia University Nova Scotia
Atlantic School of Theology Nova Scotia
Cape Breton University Nova Scotia
Dalhousie University Nova Scotia
Mount Saint Vincent University Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia College of Art and Design Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Community College Nova Scotia
Saint Francis Xavier University Nova Scotia
Saint Mary’s University Nova Scotia
Université Sainte-Anne Nova Scotia
University of Kings College Nova Scotia
Collège de l'Île Prince Edward Island
Holland College Prince Edward Island
University of Prince Edward Island Prince Edward Island


Job Offer

Just like skilled worker applications, you must have a job offer from a "designated employer." The list of employers will be available on the provincial immigration websites soon:

No LMIA required!

The job offer does not have to be for a job you already have work experience in, but it must be "endorsed" by the province and your job offer must be for at least one year.

Additional Requirements

Both skilled worker applicants and gradutes of eligible universities and colleges must meet these additional requirements:



You must:

  • have at least a level four (4) Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) in English or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens in French, AND
  • take an approved language test that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing – your result must be from within the last 2 years.


Proof of Funds

You must be able to demonstrate that you have enough funds to succeed as a permanent resident in Canada:

Number of Family Members
(including those you support that aren’t immigrating with you)
Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $3,075
2 $3,828
3 $4,706
4 $5,714
5 $6,481
6 $7,309
7 or more $8,138


Needs Assessment

You will have to get a "Needs Assessment" in order to apply. You can get the assessment from one of these agencies.

Endorsement Certificate

Details coming in March 2017.


How to Apply

Details to come in March 2017.