Best way to move to Canada to live with my fiance?

kelsin

Throwaway account for privacy reasons.
I(24F) am American, he (31M) is Canadian and we have been dating for over a year and a half. We'd like to live together by the end of this year, with me moving up to Ontario, and eventually becoming a citizen.
Right now, our biggest issues are that I'm scoring low on the immigration calculator because while I have a Master's, I have just begun my career and do not have much experience, and I also don't have a job offer (currently in a competitive field with a lot of older workers in it not retiring, therefore jobs are hard to come by).
On top of this, we don't want to have to rush marriage in order to get me up there.
So we are looking at Sponsorship as conjugal partners, hoping it will be the best way to get me up there, eventually permanently.
We would appreciate any advice from people who have gone through this process! Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

canadageorge

Administrator
Sponsorship is the best and simplest application to do in your case. The only thing is, you can only apply under conjugal partners Sponsorship if you have lived together for at least one year. I am going to assume this is NOT the case, in which case you two will have to get married. Immigroup offers a free spousal sponsorship course.

Here is what I would do if I was in your shoes:

1. Get married in Ontario (here is a how-to article covering this topic)
2. Look for an alternative school in Ontario (for the first year you may need to pay a higher tuition because you are going to come to Canada at first as a student).
3. File in inland Sponsorship application. Do it this way because you will have access to a work permit in Canada. Generally after six months you have filed for sponsorship.

Alternatively, you can file the sponsorship in the US and stay in school until you become permanent resident of Canada, but in either case you will have to get married for this to work.

kelsin

I(24F) am American, he (31M) is Canadian and we have been dating for over a year and a half. We'd like to live together by the end of this year, with me moving up to Ontario, and eventually becoming a citizen.
Right now, our biggest issues are that I'm scoring low on the immigration calculator because while I have a Master's, I have just begun my career and do not have much experience, and I also don't have a job offer (currently in a competitive field with a lot of older workers in it not retiring, therefore jobs are hard to come by).
On top of this, we don't want to have to rush marriage in
cinema hd order to get me up there.
So we are looking at Sponsorship as conjugal partners, hoping it will be the best way to get me up there, eventually permanently.
We would appreciate any advice from people who have gone through this process! Please let me know if I can clarify anything.
solved.

KSingh_RCIC

On top of this, we don't want to have to rush marriage in order to get me up there.
Sponsorship under common-law relationship is the best. Please do not confuse conjugal with common-law relationship. Conjugal relationship is a distance relationship in which you are not able to cohabit with each other due to excruciating circumstances.

The key to assessing the conjugal partnership category is that neither common-law partner status nor marriage is possible, usually because of marital status or sexual orientation, combined with an immigration barrier. It applies only to the family class and only to a foreign national abroad who is sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada. It does not apply to applicants in the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

Good Luck !