British Citizen?


New Member
I have my mother's expired British passport from 1971 (blue hardcover - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) she was born in Scotland and is listed as a British Subject on her passport, and both her parents (my grandparents) were also born in Scotland. My sister and I are included as dependent children on our mothers expired British passport. We lived in the UK for about 2 years before returning to Australia. Does that mean we are British Citizens and can apply for a passport, or do we still have to apply for citizenship via Form UKM?


Get Answers!
Staff member
[email protected]
I am assuming you two are not born in the UK. You had some type of status in the UK, but I think you two lost this years ago.

You can apply for a First British passport, but because you and your sister were born before 1983, it's going to take a little longer.

Look into Registration as a British Citizen: