First British passport for my child born abroad

Sara_han

Hi,

I'm currently british other than by decent born in London, I gave birth to my daughter few months ago in Saudi Arabia.

I’ve registered her overseas birth in the U.K. and sent all the needed documents for that which has been approved and given to her as British citizen by decent.
However, when applying for her passport I submitted her local birth certificate and her U.K. birth registration certificate. Now HM passport office are asking for my birth Uk certificate Which easily I am able to give but also asking for my parents original documents - indefinite leave on passport and marriage certificate ? Yet being abroad I’m unable to obtain the original as they both live in different countries to me. If I send just my birth Uk certificate could I still get my child’s first passport ?
Thanks

Sara_han

Thank you for your reply! What other documents could they ask for out of curiosity? I’ve submitted my child’s U.K. birth registration certificate & local birth certificate and now I have sent along side my British birth certificate. I’m just worried that they will still need my parents documents / indefinite leave/ marriage certificate even though I can’t retrieve it!

Sara_han

if I was unable to send marriage certificate / indefinite leave of my parents, would that stop my daughter from getting her passport ? The only thing I am able to send is stuff belonging to me so I’m worried

Sara_han

but then what would have been the point of doing the U.K. birth registration certificate before hand when I proved all this before ? For me to only go and do it again for the second time!

Sara_han

Also another thing, it says grandfather however it is the grandmother who has the indefinite leave, the grandfather has a German European passport

confusedfella

Also another thing, it says grandfather however it is the grandmother who has the indefinite leave, the grandfather has a German European passport
Hi Sara, did you receive any update? I am almost in same boat. How long did it took to get update online that your documents have been received?