Online Education did inside/outside Canada Claiming CRS Points in Express Entry.

Vishal100

During a pandemic from March 2020, international students studying inside Canada, their education mode was shifted online. Due to which most of the students have to complete more than 50 % of their course online. In some cases, 100% of their course online.

A similar situation happened with the international student who started pursing education outside Canada from Spring 2020 to fall 2021. For some students who's study, the program was one year resulted in full online education as due to pandemic; even the study permit was processed in time, no response from the Canadian High Commission reverted.

Even most universities and colleges in Canada are not starting in-class teaching until August 2021 due to the unpredicted situation of COVIND.

Relaxation in eligibility from the Canadian Government is already granted about Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) if the student has studied in an approved educational institution, a Study permit is granted and enrolled in the program from Spring 2020 to August 2021 despite completing the entire course online as per the press release dated 12 February 2021

However, no clarification of the study program completed online will be eligible to claim points on CRS while making an application in their permanent Residency Program (Under Express Entry or any other PNP Programs).

IRCC on Official Twitter account had taken a different stand on various occasions when the question asked in a particular scenario (From June 2020 to Till date), and there is no clear information.

Question 1:
Can an international student who has studied online outside From Sept 2020 to August 2021, a one-year master program or Post Graduation Diploma will be eligible to claim points of the master program while applying for PR?

Question 2:
Can an international student who has studied online both inside from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021 or even longer were more than 50 % completed online, a one-year master program or Post Graduation Diploma Program will be eligible to claim points of the master program while applying for PR?

International students or Prospective PR applicants who have studied inside/outside Canada in the time frame Spring 2020 to August 2021. Please stay connected.

Join Whatsapp: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KEG7LDtJBB9A3MEImLYuvw

Vishal100

I believe this would b growing concern for number of students who are living in Canada and for those who have completed Summer 2020 to Fall 2021 studies online (Outline).
Someone should raise this concern at early stage (now) rather than leaving it 2 late.

Vishal100

Yeah, it's a big deal. I suspect there should be instructions for officers made publicly available at some point (they are published online) but I haven't see them yet (doesn't mean they're not out there). This is where you want to look: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...ns-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals.html
Haas,
Thank you 4 link provided, after sending around 3 hours I couldnt find any instruction in relation to concern question, However I will send some more time tomorrow. But I think as this will be growing concern for further and they havent come across the situation.

I also email one IRCC authorized agent raising the similar concern, I received the response that no such instruction as of yet are been issued until now.

Vishal100

I entirely understand but the student inside Canada who started in Jan 2020 have already completed program (Master Program) and would have already created Express Entry Profile for PR application.

Similarly, for student outside Canada who started the program in May 2020 and September 2020 are soon likely to complete the course and would be generating the Express Entry Profile.

Hence, without Clarification on this point it is likely to have repercussion effect on the application and eventually may face refusal of PR application resulting in wasting lot of money.

This issue should be raised effectively now before people start suffering.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
We agree.

Do you know any Canadian PRs or permanent residents well who'd be willing to advocate for you? One idea would be to contact them and ask them to complain to their MP(s).

Vishal100

Hi

I know few people in Canada but not PR or Canadian Citizens.

Is it worth contacting International Student Associations, Place the petition on Change.org or other platform some one can suggest.

I can draft properly and place it at appropriate forum.

Thank you,

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I don't know how effective it would be. If few to no constituents (voters) sign it then I'm not sure anyone in power will care.

You could try contacting the media but I'm not sure it's a big enough issue to get attention.

Vishal100

Hi,

I have spoken to some print media at local - including Times of India .. I am drafting an article on this issue; please share any information you have about this issue.

Does anyone have contact in e-media so it can be publish as well.

Any others points which can be helpful or needs addressing.

Thanks

MethBlan

During a pandemic from March 2020, international students studying inside Canada, their education mode was shifted online. Due to which most of the students have to complete more than 50 % of their course online. In some cases, 100% of their course online.

A similar situation happened with the international student who started pursing education outside Canada from Spring 2020 to fall 2021. For some students who's study, the program was one year resulted in full online education as due to pandemic; even the study permit was processed in time, no response from the Canadian High Commission reverted.

Even most universities and colleges in Canada are not starting in-class teaching until August 2021 due to the unpredicted situation of COVIND.

Relaxation in eligibility from the Canadian Government is already granted about Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) if the student has studied in an approved educational institution, a Study permit is granted and enrolled in the program from Spring 2020 to August 2021 despite completing the entire course online as per the press release dated 12 February 2021

However, no clarification of the study program completed online will be eligible to claim points on CRS while making an application in their permanent Residency Program (Under Express Entry or any other PNP Programs).

IRCC on Official Twitter account had taken a different stand on various occasions when the question asked in a particular scenario (From June 2020 to Till date), and there is no clear information.

Question 1:
Can an international student who has studied online outside From Sept 2020 to August 2021, a one-year master program or Post Graduation Diploma will be eligible to claim points of the master program while applying for PR?

Question 2:
Can an international student who has studied online both inside from Jan 2020 to Jan 2021 or even longer were more than 50 % completed online, a one-year master program or Post Graduation Diploma Program will be eligible to claim points of the master program while applying for PR?

International students or Prospective PR applicants who have studied inside/outside Canada in the time frame Spring 2020 to August 2021. Please stay connected.

I also studied remotely during the pandemic almost all the time. Thanks for the answers, some have cleared up the situation for me.

Vishal100

Hi Guys,

My friend and I have a petition on Change.org. The link below, please read the petition and sign --- > support us.

https://chng.it/gFBv6WJPqw

I also request other members here to support me because if a certain number of the petition are not signed, the petition will be removed automatically.

Thank you,

Relaxation in eligibility from the Canadian Government is already granted about Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) if the student has studied in an approved educational institution, a Study permit is granted and enrolled in the program from Spring 2020 to August 2021 despite completing the entire course online as per the press release dated 12 February 2021.

Question 1:

Question 2:

Thank you for starting this initiative, Vishal.
I already made a vote on change.org through the link and hope we will gain all 200 votes.