PR renewal during Citizenship application In-progress

simmi saini

Hi everyone,

I have one question. I have applied Citizenship also passed the written exam. My Citizenship application is in-Progress. My PR card is expiring in November. Should I need to renew my PR card or can i stay with expired PR card during Citizenship applied status. Please advise.

Thank you

AgnesF

Same thing happened to me too. It all depends on if you need to travel abroad during the whole waiting process.

I didn't renew my PR during the pandemic and then had to leave Canada for some time afterwards, which caused me a lot of trouble coming back to Canada because my PR card expired. I ended up getting PRTD in Singapore and that costed me about C$250.

Now my PRTD will expire in Feb 2024 and I'm afraid I might not get my citizenship and Canadian passport by then, and if I ever need to travel again, I don't wanna spend $$$ to get another PRTD abroad, so I spent C$50 to get a PR renewal while I'm in Canada.

Same thing happened to me too. It all depends on if you need to travel abroad during the whole waiting process.

I didn't renew my PR during the pandemic and then had to leave Canada for some time afterwards, which caused me a lot of trouble coming back to Canada because my PR card expired. I ended up getting PRTD in Singapore and that costed me about C$250.

Now my PRTD will expire in Feb 2024 and I'm afraid I might not get my citizenship and Canadian passport by then, and if I ever need to travel again, I don't wanna spend $$$ to get another PRTD abroad, so I spent C$50 to get a PR renewal while I'm in Canada.
thanks for sharing this useful information.