spousal sponsorship

richard.williams

but only the u.s. and canada or other countries as well? do you think that if i wanted to move to australia the record would haunt me? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia all share information. It may just be travel information, but in that case they would still have your deportation on file.

richard

why would only the u.s., canada, u.k., australia, and new zealand be sharing information of this sort? what do these five countries have in common? rsvp.

richard.williams

ok lets assume that criminal rehabilitation takes place and then maple foods hire me for a 2 year contract, then what? if not by spousal sponsorship, what did you mean by other venues? but like what? venues, can you be a bit more specific? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It depends where you live, as I said before.

In some provinces, low skilled workers can be nominated for permanent residence because of a need in the particular province. But that's true only in some provinces.

Otherwise, you would have to find a skilled job to make your Canadian work experience qualify.

richard.williams

ok lets say specifically bc in this case. how would i know if criminal rehabilitation is approved then? if no skilled labor or job, why cant i just say that i want to start a business then? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You need hundreds of thousands or millions to start a business.

Criminal Rehabilitation is, as I have said before, utterly separate from your PR application. Once it is dealt with, you could presumably get your work permit, work in the northeast of BC, and eventually apply for PR through the BC PNP.

richard

well, what if i do have hundreds of thousands of dollars for a business, what would be the issue then? rsvp.

richard

on another note do you think that argentina is a first world nation like canada or not? if not first world nation, then would it be second or third world???? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You have to apply, that's how you find out. You submit an application. You can submit an application without actually applying (i.e. without paying the application fee) to get an opinion as to whether or not you have been rehabilitated (but there's no point in doing that if you haven't waited the required amount of time). But if you need to actually be rehabilitated, you just apply.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe Criminal Rehabilitation can be appealed. But that is something you would have to ask a professional.

If it is rejected, I believe you will be told why. If you are told you haven't waited long enough, then you can just wait longer. If you are told something else - perhaps, that there is not enough evidence of rehabilitation - then you could try to resolve that problem.

richard

how does the canadian government determine whether to forgive someone for their mistake? is it humanitarian or something else? sorry for the delay but my connection wasnt working! rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
They have all manner of guidelines, some of which are publicly available online. I have mentioned some of them in previous posts.