US Visitor Visa / Border crossing card for a Mexican citizen

Mitja

Hi there,
My wife is a mexican citizen from BCS. We Live in Canada BC and she got the Permanent Residence card here in CAN. Their are 3 reasons why we want to cross into the US :
1. I have family in New mexico so we want to visit
2. As we live close to boarder montana- Washington- Idaho we wanna do road trips into the US
3. Sometimes we drive from Canada to Mexico and back so we need to cross the US, would be nice if she can drive with me and not fly because she cant enter right now.

Since the waiting times in Vancouver at the US embassy are insane right now we have another idea. We are going to Vietnam end of the year for a holiday so we are going to get her the interview at the US embassy in Hanoi vietnam. Any tips in how to prepare for that best?
Since She lives and works here in Canada we are hoping her B2 or border crossing card will get approved as we can prove lots of ties here to canada.

Any tips or advice is much appreciated
Thanks guys

Mitja

@ canadageorge thank you for your reply. Yeah I feel like its a solid reason to get the us visa in a different country as the waiting times in CAN is1-2 years. Because she got the Canadian PR is there a different portal to apply for the tourist visa or the same portal as everyone? do you think if we apply she might don't even need a appointment because of living with PR in Canada?
One more question, when shes applying does we need to enter Vietnam as the location(we will do the interview there) or Canada(thats where we live?

Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160)
Apply For a Nonimmigrant Visa
Get Started

Select a location where you will be applying for this visa:

Thank you very much for the advice

canadageorge

Administrator
I do not know how the US diplomatic mission in Vietnam works. You need one question answered, "Can a visitor to Vietnam apply for a US visa."

Also, there is a way to get an appointment, even an early appointment at the US consulate in Vancouver: https://www.immigroup.com/topics/expedited-or-regular-us-visa-appointment/

There are also private firms Immigroup has partnerships with that can get you an early appointment. The cost is around USD$700.

canadageorge

Administrator
Immigroup's YouTube channel will be releasing a video experiment about early appointments in Canada. Just come back to the article and you will see the video in 1-2 weeks.

Mitja

thank you very much. We will send an email to the hanoi embassy and ask if its possible. We are in no rush in getting the visa and no need to spend 700+usd to get an early appointment. Its just an idea with getting the visa while we are travelling in Vietnam.
will see how things work out.
cheers