work visa

B.Veronika

Hi!
I´m from the Czech Republic and my boyfriend is from Belarus. He is in Canada right now with a study visa. We´ll get married and after this, we would like to apply for a working visa for me. Is it possible? How documents we need? And how much money? Thank you so much

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Once you are married you can apply for what's known as an "open" work permit, which lets you work without a job offer. But you need to be married to be eligible.

Cyrus2131

Yes, it is possible for you to apply for a working visa once you are married to your boyfriend who is currently in Canada on a study visa. You will need to provide proof of your marriage, as well as evidence that your husband is currently studying in Canada. You will also need to show that you have enough money to support yourself while you are in Canada.

Cyrus2131

Yes, it is possible for you to apply for a working visa once you are married to your boyfriend who is currently in Canada on a study visa. You will need to provide proof of your marriage, as well as evidence that your husband is currently studying in Canada. You will also need to show that you have enough money to support yourself while you are in Canada and also authentication and legalization process will be involved during all this process.