Roadside checkpoint in New Haven, CT
If you have been convicted of DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) charge in the last ten years, or more than once ten years ago or longer, you are what is known as “criminally inadmissible to Canada.” This means that if you try to enter Canada from the USA or any other country with these convictions on your criminal record, you will almost certainly be refused entry into the country. Of course this restriction also applies to other criminal convictions as well - both felonies and misdemeanors will keep you out of Canada.

Pages is independently run and does not seek editorial input from IMMIgroup Inc. The views of the authors of content on do not reflect the views of the consultants employed by IMMIgroup Inc.

"All images on are CC licensed, public domain or the work of IMMIgroup employees. If you see your image on and it has not been CC licensed, please contact us immediately at so we can take it down."