Nova Scotia Skilled Worker Immigration Provincial Nominee Program PNP
Please note that on January 1, 2015 the way that Canada accepts permanent residents has changed. The new system, called Express Entry, represents a change in method rather than in requirements.
The Nova Scotia Skilled Worker category of provincial nomination is designed to help employers to fill specific skills job vacancies that cannot be filled with Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Under this category, employers can recruit immigrant workers with the required skills for these positions.
|Skilled Worker Applicant Requirements|
Nova Scotia Skilled Worker PNP Employer requirements
In order to qualify for the Nova Scotia skilled worker category of nomination, the employer must meet the following criteria:
- Must present evidence that a genuine effort to find a Canadian citizen or permanent resident was made in order to fill position
- Will provide support to the foreign employee with regards to settlements.
- Can provide proof of an acceptable strategy to recruit a foreign worker.
- Employment of foreign worker does not conflict with bargaining agreements or labour disputes.
Nova Scotia Skilled Worker PNP Applicant Requirements
In order to qualify for the Nova Scotia skilled worker category of nomination, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have legal status in the country of your residence
- Intend to settle in Nova Scotia permanently
- Have a permanent, full-time job offer in Nova Scotia
- The job offer must provide a salary that meets provincial employment standards
- Have the qualifications, training experience, and licensing required for the job
- Meet the minimum criteria for age, education, work experience, and language ability requirements for the federal skilled worker stream
Nova Scotia Skilled Worker PNP Application process
Before submitting an application, applicants should make sure that they meet all requirements. The following are the forms required for the Nova Scotia Skilled Worker Program:
|Nova Scotia Skilled Worker Application Form:
Information of the applicant and all dependents
|3 months Approx|
|Skilled Worker Employer Application Form:
to be completed by the employer
|Use of a Representative Form:
use only if hiring a representative
|Authority to Release Personal Information:
authorization to release personal information to a designated individual
|Permanent Residence Application:|
|Application For Permanent Residence:
Principal application form for Permanent Residence.
Must be completed by each person over the age of 18 who is included in the application
|Aditional Family Information:
This form asks that the main applicant provide information about his/her family.
|Schedule 4 [economic class]:
Provincial nominees must complete this form along with all other required forms for permanent residency
In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements.
*This is a general estimation. Processing times vary among visa offices.
Requirements for residency applications may vary depending on the country of your citizenship. Please contact us for a list of countries.
Our Nova Scotia Skilled Worker PNP Service
|Immigroup representation||CDN $3000 + tax|
|There is no PNP application fee in Nova Scotia|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550 *|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490 *|
* Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. Applicants may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to the application.
We guarantee that your skilled worker application will be accurate and complete and in accordance with Canadian immigration law. If you are unsure about whether you will qualify for the skilled worker program you can book a consultation appointment to get started. At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN $150 for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services.
The average time to complete a skilled worker visa application by Immigroup is 2-4 weeks.
PNP Draw Points Cut-Offs
Some of the PNP streams for the provinces of Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba use the same scoring system as Express Entry. Here are the cut-offs for 2021:
British Columbia PNP Points Cut-Offs
British Columbia uses its own scoring system:
British Columbia PNP Notifiations
BC Entrepreneur PNP Points Cut-Offs
BC Entrepreneur PNP Notifications
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program Points Cut-Offs
Saskatchewan uses its own scoring system?
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program Notifications
If you would like information about the Nova Scotia PNP in these graphs, please comment below.