PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

lgpr

Hi guys, I got an interview request from Etobicoke IRCC office for my parents PR card renewal application. Would appreciate if anyone can provide guidance regarding interview questions asked by IRCC.

tarry65

Hi Guys

Mom's Pr card renewal timelines

Applied 19th Oct 2022

Short of RO

Gave all the reasons and documents.

Feb 21 saw the status online ' decision made' but when I click decision made.link it shows still progress. What does it mean.

bhargav51

Phone
Email
[email protected]
Hello Cella,
I am also in same situation like yours having got PR approval from IRCC and then letter from CIC Ottawa to attend CIC office with in 6 months.
With this letter I applied for PRTD at Embassy of Canada Abu Dhabi but it was rejected as I did not full fill RO.
What was your outcome.

chella99

Yes. I too got rejected just about 15 days back.

Can I have your email to which I can send my phone contact so that we can speak quicly

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
I would be greatfull if Rilley Hass or any one else has any answer to my issue
As you can see from other members' comments, two factors that seem to be important are:
  • Whether you have family or friends in Canada
  • How long you've been outside Canada
Unfortunately, given you were rejected for a PRTD, you may have to consider contacting an immigration lawyer.

bhargav51

Phone
Email
[email protected]
Hii Moon, Schedge,
I also have a PR approval and a letter of Invitation to attend the CIC Ottawa office within six months. As I am outside Canada and do not meet RO my PRTD was rejected by the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi and advised to appeal in 2 months.
Hiring a lawyer is very expensive and I can put up my case as I had hired a lawyer when applying for PR Card renewal and I have all the documents to show. I am apprehensive about coming through USA border.
Should I apply for PRTD again as I had not submitted all the documents like PR Card renewal.
Will writing to CIC or MP help.
Please advise

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
Hii Moon, Schedge,
I also have a PR approval and a letter of Invitation to attend the CIC Ottawa office within six months. As I am outside Canada and do not meet RO my PRTD was rejected by the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi and advised to appeal in 2 months.
Hiring a lawyer is very expensive and I can put up my case as I had hired a lawyer when applying for PR Card renewal and I have all the documents to show. I am apprehensive about coming through USA border.
Should I apply for PRTD again as I had not submitted all the documents like PR Card renewal.
Will writing to CIC or MP help.
Please advise
What they seem to be suggesting is that you appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) regarding your residency obligations. If you are successful, you could then apply for a PRTD. Go here for more information on appealing.

rikilpandya

Phone
Email
[email protected]
I am pr of Canada and lives here, never been to home country after landing since 2018, my pr card is going to expire in mid Aug, I am waiting after 1 and half month of initial rejection of photo, there is urgent reason to go back home and I booked tickets from aug 1 return 11 sept, would be any chances I am getting my pr card before 1st aug? If I have to apply for prtd how many days of waiting going on now a days? Thanks in advance for your expert opinion

purejacky

Hi,

I’m filling out my pr card renewal application and I need to add two pieces of proof that I meet my residency obligation for the past five years. Im going to use (1) notices of assessment from the past five years, (2) one bank statement from each of the past five years, and for good measure (3) a letter from my employer stating that I’ve worked physically on site in Canada for the past five years.

the problem is, it seems you can only upload one document for the ‘proof of residency in Canada’ category on the online web form. Should I just merge all of the documents into one pdf, or upload the latter two separately under ‘other’ and clearly label them?

I don’t understand why they recommend you numerically label the files for each piece of evidence if they’re just going to make you upload one pdf…