PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

SandeepSh

Hi Sandeep,

Congratulations !After how long of the PR application, did you get this letter? My parents applied in June and still waiting to hear back. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Hi- It took me around 1 and half years. I would say keep following up using web forms in specific

SandeepSh

Is anyone had an interview for pr card at Etobicoke office??

what kind of questions they ask .
Hey Soni,

Would appreciate if you could let me know how your in-person interview to collect your PR card and did they hand it over to you?

Regards,
Sandeep

Moon

Hi All,
Just to share my experience for IRCC interview at Etobicoke office. I submitted my case for PR renewal through a lawyer in Canada in 2020 on H&C basis as I was out of Canada and my PR has also expired few years back. For submitting pr renewal, applicant must be inside Canada. For this reason, I submitted my case through lawyer in Canada. IRCC officer raised same question why did not I apply for PRTD as I was residing outside Canada and was not eligible for submitting application for PR renewal. I told them that my son has to join university and I can not wait for PRTD approval as it is taking unusual longer wait period due to COVID. So I obtained USA visit visa and preferred to cross border to enter Canada. If I had been waiting for PRTD then there may be a loss of study year for my son. 2nd question they raised for not meeting my resident obligation. I had well prepared for that with documentations as I got some medical issues and decided to leave country as was not able to do physical tough survival jobs. As soon as I recovered from my medical conditions, I submitted my PR renewal application at my earliest. They accepted my arguments as I have shown them my medical documents. They also asked if I had some connection with Canada like mortgage or family members in Canada , which in my case I had nothing. The IRCC officer was quite compassionate, and my arguments were accepted and PR cards were delivered to me and my family members. One thing important to mention that I crossed USA border when I came to know through communication that IRCC main office in NS has approved our PR cards but sent them to local Etobicoke office for in person delivery to further establish my eligibility.
If anyone, wants further information, please keep posting your queries, I will respond them accordingly.
Moon

schegde

Thank you Moon for the detailed explanation.
Just couple questions.
Did you not still meet the residency obligations when you went for the interview at Etobicoke? Or are you referring to the RO at the time of PR renewal?
Also did you get 1 year PR card or for the 5 years?
Please let me know. Thanks again for your help!

Moon

Thank you Moon for the detailed explanation.
Just couple questions.
Did you not still meet the residency obligations when you went for the interview at Etobicoke? Or are you referring to the RO at the time of PR renewal?
Also did you get 1 year PR card or for the 5 years?
Please let me know. Thanks again for your help!
Hi Schegde,

please find below information,

1- When I entered Canada through USA border in Sept 2021 with my PR card expired in 2016. I was not meeting RO.
2- After entering Canada, I received communication from IRCC Etobicoke office to pick my renewed PR card subject to their satisfaction in the interview. I visited them. They told me that I am not meeting RO so they are unable to deliver my printers PR card with them. However, they gave me a list of documents to be submitted to immigration officer in Etobicoke and gave me one week time for submission of my present circumstances. At this point of time I was quite below in meeting RO.

3- After submission, I received another communication within 20 days that my interview has been fixed with immigration officer.

4- I visited them on advised date. Immigration officer asked me for not meeting my RO. In response his enquire, I told him date wise events that caused me to leave Canada and could not come back till now supported by documents. At this point of time, I was still not meeting my RO.
I told Immigration officer that I have already resigned from job and my kids have already started their schools in Canada.
At the end, she advised us to wait for 30 minutes and fortunately, we got favorable decision and they handed over to us our renewed PR cards valid for 5 years.

Moon

schegde

Hi Schegde,

please find below information,

1- When I entered Canada through USA border in Sept 2021 with my PR card expired in 2016. I was not meeting RO.
2- After entering Canada, I received communication from IRCC Etobicoke office to pick my renewed PR card subject to their satisfaction in the interview. I visited them. They told me that I am not meeting RO so they are unable to deliver my printers PR card with them. However, they gave me a list of documents to be submitted to immigration officer in Etobicoke and gave me one week time for submission of my present circumstances. At this point of time I was quite below in meeting RO.

3- After submission, I received another communication within 20 days that my interview has been fixed with immigration officer.

4- I visited them on advised date. Immigration officer asked me for not meeting my RO. In response his enquire, I told him date wise events that caused me to leave Canada and could not come back till now supported by documents. At this point of time, I was still not meeting my RO.
I told Immigration officer that I have already resigned from job and my kids have already started their schools in Canada.
At the end, she advised us to wait for 30 minutes and fortunately, we got favorable decision and they handed over to us our renewed PR cards valid for 5 years.

Moon
Thank you so much Moon for the detailed info.
My parents are on PR. I applied for their renewal in June 2022 and are scheduled for an interview at Etobicoke office on Jan 23rd. They have been in Canada since Oct 2021 however still short of meeting the RO. In June 2022 they were short by 4 months and now in Jan 2023 by 2 months. I am really hoping they get their renewed PR cards after their interview on Jan 23rd. Hence all the questions. Thanks again for your help!

Moon

Hi Schegde,

Immigration officer usually focus on following two points while interviewing,

1- Applicant’s connection with Canada ( Like family members in Canada or mortgage, or any other relevant circumstances)
2- Reason behind shortfall of RO.

In your parents case, they are having only shortfall of 60 days and they have family members in Canada. I am pretty sure for their success.
Best of luck for your parents. Keep updated about their final results.

Thanks!

lgpr

Hi Schegde, I also applied for my parents PR card renewal in Jun 2022 and the e-cas status changed to "Decision Made" around last week of Sept 2022. since then Webform inquiry reply mentioned that the application has been sent to "Local Office" hence the delay. In your case, was the request for interview sent by IRCC through email or by post?

schegde

Hi Schegde,

Immigration officer usually focus on following two points while interviewing,

1- Applicant’s connection with Canada ( Like family members in Canada or mortgage, or any other relevant circumstances)
2- Reason behind shortfall of RO.

In your parents case, they are having only shortfall of 60 days and they have family members in Canada. I am pretty sure for their success.
Best of luck for your parents. Keep updated about their final results.

Thanks!
Hi Moon,

Thank you so much for all your help. Went for the interview today and took a long time but got my parents PR cards today itself. Thank you again for all your help!

schegde

Hi Schegde, I also applied for my parents PR card renewal in Jun 2022 and the e-cas status changed to "Decision Made" around last week of Sept 2022. since then Webform inquiry reply mentioned that the application has been sent to "Local Office" hence the delay. In your case, was the request for interview sent by IRCC through email or by post?
Also I had gone to the IRCC Etobicoke office end of Dec to inquire status along with my parents. The officer at that time had advised that we will get an email by first week of Jan. However the very next day the email was sent. Hope this helps you.

DAS

Hi everyone.....need urgent advice..
Myself and my wife became PR in 2013. My wife is principle applicant. Due to unfortunate family circumstances we could not meet RO. And our PR Cards expired in 2018. During this time we had to children born in Home country. In 2019 I applied for PRTD on H&C basis describing my situation in Home country. I also applied for my kids (currently 7 years and 4 years) and visitor's visa. They approved my PRTD with R -1 Category Counterfoil. So we planned to move in Canada in April 2020. But by the end of March there was world wide lock down due to Covid 19. So our PR Travel Documents get expired. And one of my kids visitor visa also get expired. So I applied for renewal of visitor visa which took approx 14 month of time. And then I applied for our PRTD. Our PRTD was approved with RC-1 Category Stamp which means reasons for not meeting my RO obligations has been considered.

So we landed with my family on 3rd October 2022 and applied for my renewal of PR card on 6th October via online PR portal. But since then I don't have any update on my PR card application even normal processing time has passed. While calling IRCC, they are saying that your application is under process. I linked my application to my GC key account and it shows that they are reviewing my eligibility. I could not track my application on eCAS.

So my question is:

1) Do they deliver my PR cards right away on my address as my reasons for not meeting RO has already been considered by visa office? Or they may schedule interview for that as in all your case?

2) My kids have been given admission in school on Conditional basis that I need to provide PR card in near future. Plus my wife has been waitlisted for Health care program on same conditional basis. So I am middle of the way and don't able to decide what to do. I have to pay large amount of fees and if they don't consider my reasons of RO then it would be big trouble for me.

3) As we both are from healthcare industry we don't have good jobs as of now. So, I may need to visit home country to liquidate some of my property. So should I leave Canada if I don't receive my PR Cards?

Thanks in advance.

Moon

Myself and my wife became PR in 2013. My wife is principle applicant. Due to unfortunate family circumstances we could not meet RO. And our PR Cards expired in 2018. During this time we had to children born in Home country. In 2019 I applied for PRTD on H&C basis describing my situation in Home country. I also applied for my kids (currently 7 years and 4 years) and visitor's visa. They approved my PRTD with R -1 Category Counterfoil. So we planned to move in Canada in April 2020. But by the end of March there was world wide lock down due to Covid 19. So our PR Travel Documents get expired. And one of my kids visitor visa also get expired. So I applied for renewal of visitor visa which took approx 14 month of time. And then I applied for our PRTD. Our PRTD was approved with RC-1 Category Stamp which means reasons for not meeting my RO obligations has been considered.

So we landed with my family on 3rd October 2022 and applied for my renewal of PR card on 6th October via online PR portal. But since then I don't have any update on my PR card application even normal processing time has passed. While calling IRCC, they are saying that your application is under process. I linked my application to my GC key account and it shows that they are reviewing my eligibility. I could not track my application on eCAS.

So my question is:

1) Do they deliver my PR cards right away on my address as my reasons for not meeting RO has already been considered by visa office? Or they may schedule interview for that as in all your case?

2) My kids have been given admission in school on Conditional basis that I need to provide PR card in near future. Plus my wife has been waitlisted for Health care program on same conditional basis. So I am middle of the way and don't able to decide what to do. I have to pay large amount of fees and if they don't consider my reasons of RO then it would be big trouble for me.

3) As we both are from healthcare industry we don't have good jobs as of now. So, I may need to visit home country to liquidate some of my property. So should I leave Canada if I don't receive my PR Cards?

Thanks in advance.

So my question is:

Thanks in advance.
Hi Das,

I can understand your circumstances. You are really in hot water. I think you should consult some good lawyer or immigration consultant. On the basis of my knowledge learned from various immigration forum, you should not leave Canada before getting your PR card renewed from IRCC. In case if you leave Canada without receiving your renewed PR card, you again need to apply for travel document for returning to Canada which will take time to get it approved and there is no surety for its approval as well. I will suggest you to write your present circumstances to IRCC specifically mentioning about conditional admission of your son in the school and not having health coverage For family due to delay in approving your PR card. I hope they will consider your circumstances on compassionate grounds and you will soon be receiving PR cards.

regards,

DAS

Hi Das,

I can understand your circumstances. You are really in hot water. I think you should consult some good lawyer or immigration consultant. On the basis of my knowledge learned from various immigration forum, you should not leave Canada before getting your PR card renewed from IRCC. In case if you leave Canada without receiving your renewed PR card, you again need to apply for travel document for returning to Canada which will take time to get it approved and there is no surety for its approval as well. I will suggest you to write your present circumstances to IRCC specifically mentioning about conditional admission of your son in the school and not having health coverage For family due to delay in approving your PR card. I hope they will consider your circumstances on compassionate grounds and you will soon be receiving PR cards.

regards,
Not in a hot water but really very very hot water....I have informed them via webform.....but there is formal reply....

Moon

Not in a hot water but really very very hot water....I have informed them via webform.....but there is formal reply....
Hi Das,
I have no idea whether you agree with me or not. There is different impact sending them written letter (IRCC Sydney NS) or submitting a web enquiry. In the age of AI (Artificial Intelligence” they may have system in place to respond in a stereotype auto reply by machines. I had this experience in my son’s case, where they were making delays and I sent them in writing that if further delay was made, it will ruin my son’s education and also my son at stake in case if he needs some health issues as I can not afford private facilities, being a new immigrant in Canada.
After having this, file of my son was activated, they started communication and we received his PR card in couple of weeks.

Regards

DAS

Hi Das,
I have no idea whether you agree with me or not. There is different impact sending them written letter (IRCC Sydney NS) or submitting a web enquiry. In the age of AI (Artificial Intelligence” they may have system in place to respond in a stereotype auto reply by machines. I had this experience in my son’s case, where they were making delays and I sent them in writing that if further delay was made, it will ruin my son’s education and also my son at stake in case if he needs some health issues as I can not afford private facilities, being a new immigrant in Canada.
After having this, file of my son was activated, they started communication and we received his PR card in couple of weeks.

Regards
Hi Moon,
Definitely I believe by learning from experiences. Thanks for your input.
Would u let me know how you wrote a letter to IRCC? I mean did you sent hard copy via regular mail at their regular address?

And wants your input on my 3rd query in original post. Whether I should mention that I MAY need to visit home country or not.

Regards.

Last edited:

Moon

Hi Moon,
Definitely I believe by learning from experiences. Thanks for your input.
Would u let me know how you wrote a letter to IRCC? I mean did you sent hard copy via regular mail at their regular address?
Regards.
Hi Das,
Draft a letter in word document mentioning your brief case history, present circumstances and expected negative consequences on your family in all areas (Education/Health…) if PR approval process is delayed further. Send them through regular mail vis Canada post at given address on IRCC website.
In the last, keep praying and hope for the positive outcome.
regards,

DAS

Hi Das,
Draft a letter in word document mentioning your brief case history, present circumstances and expected negative consequences on your family in all areas (Education/Health…) if PR approval process is delayed further. Send them through regular mail vis Canada post at given address on IRCC website.
In the last, keep praying and hope for the positive outcome.
regards,
Ok thanks.

And wants your input on my 3rd query in original post. Whether I should mention that I MAY need to visit home country or not.

Regards.

Moon

Please do not mention that you have any intention to visit your home country, it will definitely go against you as already you have taken H&C grounds to fill you RO gap. You need to mention those points that indicate your intention of leaving Canada even for a shorter trip. Also tell them you have packed up everything back home. (Your job/property) and cannot afford to reverse the circumstances.
You have shown courage and successfully get in Canada even not meeting your RO obligation. Stand with patience, God will reward you with success and comfort soon.

Best of Luck
Regards

Reactions: DAS