Please note that BC launched its Express Entry Program.
The British Columbia skilled worker category of nomination falls under the Strategic Occupations section of the British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program. This program is committed to supporting industries that are priorities for the economic development of British Columbia.
Such industries are Construction, Information technology and new media, Film and television production, Life sciences, Clean energy technologies, Manufacturing and processing, Aerospace, Engineering and environmental services, International financial and business services, Health services and post-secondary education, Tourism and hospitality, Transportation, Oil and gas, and Mining.
|Skilled worker eligibility criteria|
To be eligible to apply under the British Columbia skilled worker category of nomination, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have an offer of permanent, full-time employment in a skilled occupation that is in the O, A or B Skill Levels of the National Occupational Classification Matrix;
- Meet all qualifications for the job;
- The wage offered is competitive with BC wage rates for the occupation;
- The employer has been operating in BC for at least one year and has at least five paid employees;
- The employment will be of significant economic benefit to BC;
- The employment will not affect the settlement of a labour dispute, or the employment of anyone involved in any such dispute;
- Demonstrated ability to become economically established in BC.
Before submitting an application, applicants should make sure that they meet all requirements. The following are the forms required for the British Columbia Skilled Worker Program:
|General Application Checklist:
Use this checklist to ensure all required documents are attached to the application
|5 to 8 weeks|
|Nominee Information Form:
List of all important information of the applicant and his/her dependents
|Guaranteed Job Offer Form:
Details of job offer to be completed by the employer
|Information Release Form:
Authorization for British Columbia to release information to the federal government
|Forms for Appointing an Authorized Representative:
Only use these when using a representative to complete the application
|Form for Nominee Candidates|
|Form for Employers|
|Fee Payment Form:
Use this form to pay the $550 application fee
|Permanent Residence Application:||6-24 months*|
|Application For Permanent Residence:
Main application form for the SINP
|SINP Assessment Rating:
Principal application form for Permanent Residence.
Must be completed by each person over the age of 18 who is included in the application
|Aditional Family Information:
This form asks that the main applicant provide information about his/her family.
|Schedule 4 [economic class]:
Provincial nominees must complete this form along with all other required forms for permanent residency
In order to be issued a visa, all candidates must meet criminal and medical admissibility requirements.
*This is a general estimation. Processing times vary among visa offices.
Requirements for residency applications may vary depending on the country of your citizenship. Please conatc us for a list of countries.
|BC PNP Fees|
|Immigroup representation||CDN $3000 + tax|
|PNP application fee for British Columbia||CDN$550|
|Permanent residence application fee||CDN $550 *|
|Right of permanent residence fee||CDN $490 *|
* Government fees are based on only one person in the application. Fees will vary depending on number of persons included in application. Applicants may be required to pay additional fees for medical exams, police certificates, language assessments, courier fees or adding dependents to the application.
We guarantee that your skilled worker application will be accurate and complete and in accordance with Canadian immigration law. If you are unsure about whether you will qualify for the skilled worker program you can book a consultation appointment to get started. At your consultation appointment, we will ask you additional qualifying questions, and answer any questions you may have. We charge a fee of CDN $150 + HST for this consultation. This fee will be deducted from our total fees if you retain our services.
The average time to complete a skilled worker visa application by Immigroup is 2-4 weeks.
British Columbia PNP Points Cut-Offs
British Columbia uses its own scoring system:
British Columbia PNP Notifiations
BC Entrepreneur PNP Points Cut-Offs
BC Entrepreneur PNP Notifications