PRTD AND PR CARD RENEWAL

chella99

To add further:

The entire processing timeframe for my case has now reached 27 months !! Is there any other serious issue like they would have lost or misplaced my file ?

Views are welcome please...

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So I suspect that the Hamilton office remains physically closed and whatever policy they have for accessing physical documents (as opposed to electronic documents) is slow and cumbersome. But that's just a guess.

I know that other government offices are physically closed and you have to register and select a time slot to physically enter and get a look at physical documents. Each ministry likely has different rules about what documents can be taken home or scanned and uploaded to the servers. I have no idea how this process works with IRCC but it's entirely possible that your file is still just a physical file sitting at the office and the person responsible either hasn't gotten to it yet or can only get selective access to it. This is just a guess, of course, but this is the way things are going in other government departments.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ontario is introducing vaccine passports this month. It's possible that this will encourage organizations that have not yet mandated vaccination to go back to work to do so, which may possibly speed up processing (by allowing people back to work). This is just a guess, though.

"The Government of Canada today announced its intent to require vaccination as early as the end of September across the federal public service. " From https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ederally-regulated-transportation-sector.html So it may happen by the end of the month for IRCC. I don't know for sure, though.

chella99

Thanks a lot Riley for this input.
Let's hope that this development really enables moving the files of mine and others in similar position !!

sheffa

Hello,

I applied while I was in Canada for pr renewal and since it took a lot of time I left Canada NOW my status is decision made [posted online since 3 weeks but no way to get in touch with them through web form(Afghan over load) a person mention that when he called cic he was informed that if he applied for PRTD while application already sent he has to REAPPLY for renewal again after he return with PRTD is this logic or true.
in my case if applied now to PRTD should I reapply for this LOOOONg process again when I return to Canada (even my Decision made online ) is this true? if yes how long should i prudently wait more before i apply for PRTD I am frustrated.
Please Advise
Thanks

Moon

Hello Shefa,

Online status of my PR renewal case is showing status “decision made” since October 2020 but nothing heard from CIC as yet. I had long expired PR card. Instead of applying for PRTD, I entered Canada through USA border in the first week of September. All went fine. But make sure while entering through land border, you should have valid COVID-19 test ( not older than 72 hours) and it should be conducted in USA. I had valid COVID test from other country, but they returned me to get it done from USA. I did urgent COVID test (report available within 30 minutes) in USA and it cost me USD175/- per family member.

thanks

sheffa

Hello Shefa,

Online status of my PR renewal case is showing status “decision made” since October 2020 but nothing heard from CIC as yet. I had long expired PR card. Instead of applying for PRTD, I entered Canada through USA border in the first week of September. All went fine. But make sure while entering through land border, you should have valid COVID-19 test ( not older than 72 hours) and it should be conducted in USA. I had valid COVID test from other country, but they returned me to get it done from USA. I did urgent COVID test (report available within 30 minutes) in USA and it cost me USD175/- per family member.

thanks
unfortunately I cant enter from US

I applied while I was in Canada for pr renewal and since it took a lot of time I left Canada NOW my status is decision made [posted online since 3 weeks but no way to get in touch with them through web form(Afghan over load) a person mention that when he called cic he was informed that if he applied for PRTD while application already sent he has to REAPPLY for renewal again after he return with PRTD is this logic or true.
in my case if applied now to PRTD should I reapply for this LOOOONg process again when I return to Canada (even my Decision made online ) is this true? if yes how long should i prudently wait more before i apply for PRTD I am frustrated.
Please Advise
Thanks
Yes, that's true, you have to re-apply for a PR Card once you're back.

We still have no idea how long it should take but vaccine passports are here now and federal government is enforcing it in November: https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ne-requirement-for-the-federal-workforce.html The problem is that most offices (especially government ) are still doing work from home.

chella99

Any views or guidance for me please ?? Thanks
Dear All,

I refer to my threads and I have just now spoken to IRCC, even with an apprehension whether my file has been lost or misplaced. But they said that everything is in tact and my file is being handled from the Etobicoke Office. Just to recall, the last they said more than a year back was that my case for renewal has been positively considered and that IRCC will send me an email advising me to come for a pickup in person with the documents and other guidance that would be specified in the email to be sent by IRCC to me.

Until now, I have not received any email. When I spoke and said that I am currently out of Canada, they advised me to apply for PRTD soon so that I am ready for the call for a physical visit for pick-up. I have a question:

If I apply and get the PRTD and travel to Canada, before I receive the aforesaid email, how can I know as to when will I receive that said email ? After all, one cannot wait infinitely, especially if one has to travel back again out of Canada. So my ques is :

Should I wait for the aforesaid email before I apply for the PRTD or should I apply for PRTD now, hoping that I will receive the email soon and I can time my travel and the visit to IRCC, (as to be advised by IRCC thru the aforesaid email) ? This can be quite risky and is associated with a lot of uncertainties. I would be thankful for useful advice and hints.

Thanks.

Chellamani

Moon

Hello Chella 99,

IRCC Etobicoke office has started sending letters for PR pick up. I have received their communication last Thursday to visit IRCC Etobicoke office by mid of nov 2021.

My time line is as under,

- PR renewal application submitted in Feb 2020
- IRCC acknowledged for starting processing my case in March 2020.
- Online status of my case was changed to “Decision made” by end of October 2020.
- After long waiting, I received IRCC invitation letter to attend their Etobicoke office to pick PR in person on some date in mid of nov 2021.

They have mentioned in their letter if you are out of Canada, then you should apply for PRTD. They have also given option for rescheduling appointment if applicant is not able to attend their office on scheduled date.

So things have started moving. Very soon, you will also be receiving same letter.

Regards,

Moon

chella99

Hello Chella 99,

IRCC Etobicoke office has started sending letters for PR pick up. I have received their communication last Thursday to visit IRCC Etobicoke office by mid of nov 2021.

My time line is as under,

- PR renewal application submitted in Feb 2020
- IRCC acknowledged for starting processing my case in March 2020.
- Online status of my case was changed to “Decision made” by end of October 2020.
- After long waiting, I received IRCC invitation letter to attend their Etobicoke office to pick PR in person on some date in mid of nov 2021.

They have mentioned in their letter if you are out of Canada, then you should apply for PRTD. They have also given option for rescheduling appointment if applicant is not able to attend their office on scheduled date.

So things have started moving. Very soon, you will also be receiving same letter.

Regards,

Moon
Dear Moon,
Thanks a lot for the info and your fine gesture of remembering my case and keeping me informed..

Let's hope for my turn to come sooner...

Best wishes,

Chellamani

chella99

Dear Moon,
One more thing if you can tell me kindly:
Have they specified what needs to be done and what documents to be brought for the pick-up visit ? Whether any originals are required and any other requirements ??
Thank U
Chellamani

chella99

Dear Moon,
One more thing if you can tell me kindly:
Have they specified what needs to be done and what documents to be brought for the pick-up visit ? Whether any originals are required and any other requirements ??
Thank U
Chellamani
Dear Moon,
Adding further-
What sort of ques are likely at the ineterview during the pick up session ? Any tough ones from IRCC ? What one should be ready with or prepared for ?

Would be thankful for your feedback on the recent query and the previous one..
Thanks
Chellamani

chella99

Dear Moon and others,

On my latest call with IRCC, it informed me that it has decided to change the status of my case from 'Pickup' to 'Delivery to my address'. Of course this is oral and there is no update on my online status. But the call attendant did not give any indicative timeframe and with enormous new covid cases in Toronto, I am once again not sure how much more time IRCC may take.

My ques:

1. Do you think IRCC will act fairly early, considering that my case is pending from May 1, 2019 ?
2. Can I take the oral statement of the decision to change to delivery instead of pickup as the real decision and wait for the same ?

I would be thankful for valuable feedback.

Chellamani